Wednesday, April 6, 2022

The Various Diners of Whatcom County 4: Our Diner

 

Our Diner, 5962 Guide Meridian, Bellingham, WA

Let's head north out of Bellingham on Guide Meridian -- "the Guide" -- that takes you straight north towards the wilds of Canada.  And let's visit a place that's easy to miss, frankly speaking, but well worth your time -- Our Diner!


The picture doesn't do justice to how large and generous these EB's came out, along with beautifully uneven hash browns.  Maybe just a bit too much sauce, but those lovely hash browns were ready to help out and soak up what didn't stay on the English muffins.

Vibe: Vroom vroom back to the 1950's!

Song heard: Neil Sedaka, "Breaking Up is Hard to Do"

Coffee: Superb.

Did the yolk pop like it should?: Yes.  You don't put out a magnificent plate of breakfast food like this and forget to nail the landing, now do you?

Can I sit and read a while?:  Yes, of course.

Price: $20.38.

It might be an easy place to miss, but Our Diner is yet another non-chain place that exudes charm.  And while 50's kitsch may or may not be your thing, it certainly wasn't a problem.  The food was excellent and quick.  The waitresses (yes, only female wait-staff) all started singing to themselves when the Neil Sedaka came on -- not out loud and ostentatious, just under their breaths a bit.  I am all for this type of spontaneous entertainment.

It's not a large place by any means, but I was happy to have the counter all to myself as others munched away in their booths.

Maybe I'm just lucky to live here in Whatcom County, because I have yet to have any bad experiences at these little non-chain gems.  I can't think of many better ways to start my own engine on a Saturday morning.

Overall:


4 / 5 Nighthawks

2 comments:

  1. Almost crying into my horrible lunch as I read this. You really are out there living your best life *happy crying face emoji* xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More to come! In fact, my Google Map-fu is managing to find more places like this. Thank you for reading!

      Delete