Sunday, April 11, 2021

Wear 'Em If You Got 'Em

Erik Loomis over at Lawyers, Guns, and Money makes an interesting point about masks -- now that we're turning the corner, at least in America, how long will people continue to wear masks?

There are plenty of anecdotes on Twitter regarding people who've observed mask rules who haven't even had a common cold for over a year.  (I'd be one of those people -- I haven't been sick for at least 16 months now.)

Further, you have countries like South Korea and Japan where mask-wearing when you're sick is culturally encouraged.

Sure, there are plenty of anti-mask dick-heads out there.  Fuck 'em.  If they want to catch colds or flu or even COVID, that's fine with me.  (Maybe not so fine for their children or grandparents, but oh well.)

Grocery stores?  Airplanes?  Hotel lobbies?  The Post Office?

Yeah, I think I'll be wearing a mask for the rest of my life, and happily so.

No comments:

Post a Comment