Thursday, April 22, 2021

"Just when I thought that my skies were a June-July blue"

XTC, "1000 Umbrellas"

In one week I'll have lived with my Dad, and been home from South Korea, for a total of three months.

It feels much longer of course.

If you had told me that at this point me and him would be getting along pretty well (only one major fight), I'd be doing some writing that I think is worthwhile, and that the Old Man is now allowing me to drive his car as needed, I'd say that that's better than I expected last winter.

Me taking care of Dad was always going to be an experiment, and a difficult one at that.

But somehow we're making it work, with help from my sister who visits often from the DC area.

I've been listening to nothing but XTC lately, who I've always liked, but I'm taking the opportunity to work through every one of their studio albums as I walk five kilometers every morning, or sometimes eight if I go into the "town" of Nugent's Corner.  (It has a grocery store, a bank, and a Subway.)

Skylarking is over-rated.  Black Sea is their best work.  Or maybe Oranges and Lemons.

I'll probably manage to put together a post about it eventually.

I mowed the lawn now that spring is here.  I haven't done that since high school, I think.

I'm also reading a lot, which is hardly something to complain about either.

No comments:

Post a Comment