Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Summer

Since I moved to South Korea in 2008 (!) I've been travelling back to America every summer starting in 2010.  I have February and August off, so summer is a good time to get back in touch with my awesome sister near Baltimore and my FOX-addicted dad north of Seattle.

I contacted sis last night and told her I couldn't make it back this summer for the annual visit.

For starters, South Korea expects a 14 day quarantine for all people coming into (or back into) the country.

Then, two days ago, new requirements were announced, including the need for a coronavirus test 48 hours within the time you re-enter Korea.

It's my understanding that in America you can only get a test in most places if you're already symptomatic.  That would make it impossible to actually return to my job.

South Korea has done an exceptional job with this plague, so they get to make the rules.

The quarantine I could probably deal with (although it certainly wouldn't enhance my current level of mental health).

But needing a CV test that I might not even be able to get?  That's too much.

And that sucks.

I miss crabs.  And my nephew.  And the dogs.  Especially the hyperactive black one that seems to like me very much.

His name is Periwinkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment