Sunday, May 10, 2020

One Step Forward...

I'm in my office on a beautiful Monday afternoon completing my online midterm.  It's frustrating writing tests for students you have literally never met or taught.  My boss said keep is as simple as possible and that's fine, but also kind of underlines the point that online teaching of a foreign language just isn't ideal.

Anyhow, the big news here in South Korea is that over the weekend a huge Covid outbreak took place up in Seoul centered around Itaweon, a known foreigner / nightlife hotspot.  Apparently one of the vectors is centered around a gay club, giving just enough ammunition to the usual suspects to blame gay / foreign sybarites for all of this mess.

I mean, it is a shame.  South Korea was within weeks of shutting this thing down in my opinion, and now we start over.  It could have been the gayest of gay bath-houses, or the most holy of Christian churches.

Stay the fuck home, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment