Four weird girlfriend Zendayas out of five!
Wednesday, August 5, 2026
Spiderman -- Brand New Day: Wut I Thunk
I'm a grown-ass man and I still get just a little bit excited for these damn Marvel movies (sorry, D.C.). And guess what -- this is definitely one of the better ones. The script really nails down the problems of being a teenage superhero constantly having to choose between a normal life with friends and a heroic one of kicking villainy in the ass. It helps that the film doesn't offer easy answers, or even a clean conclusion to the Zendaya love interest. It really helps that Jon Bernthal as a convincing and surprisingly warm-hearted Punisher is willing to step in and let Peter Parker know that he's got to grow up, at some point, like the rest of us do. At two and a half hours, it's too long. But the obvious launch of not just a new character, but a new supergroup, is shoe-horned in as delicately as possible. And a long overdue Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon style climactic fight is more than welcome. Enter the Spider, indeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment