Sunday, October 31, 2021

I Got A Job

I went in for my first day of work yesterday (Saturday) and signed a lot of papers, and went out for a pretty long orientation session with my new supervisor.  I'm going to be working weekends in the office of the local Humane Society, and I couldn't be more excited about it.  Everyone I met there seemed nice, and I'm looking forward to making a humble contribution.

How long will I be there?  Very long, hopefully!  The job is a good fit for me, since it still allows me to focus on my Dad.

So things are great.  It's getting colder.  My sister and my nephew are coming out in a few weeks for Thanksgiving.  I've got a ton of raking to do.  I'm keeping up with my five kilometer morning walks.  I'm happy not to be spending time every afternoon looking at local job openings.

This week I'll be training to work the phones.  As of next weekend, I think I'll start working my regular Saturday and Sunday schedule.

I probably won't have a lot more to say about it, other than that it will be nice to get out of the house (hey, even my Dad will probably appreciate having a break from me).

No comments:

Post a Comment