Tuesday, September 14, 2021

"the now city loves us all"

 


The Sea and Cake, "Bombay"

Things are mostly fine here in Bellingham.  The fall rains are setting in, which I actually quite like.  The snow will be here soon enough I imagine.  I've applied for some jobs and am waiting to hear back, albeit impatiently.  If this was South Korea I'd probably have started somewhere by now, but you have to respect the patterns and rhythms of the rural Pacific Northwest.

Norm MacDonald has died.  Maybe I wasn't his biggest fan, but when he was good he was amazing.  And by good I mean weird and a bit hostile to the audience, or to the standards of standup comedy at least.

There is some tree trimming that needs to be done, and we just worked on some well issues but should be set for the near future.  I'm getting back into American football, if only because when it's on it means we don't have to watch FOX News.  I'll take it.

I'm also making plans to visit South Korea in February.  There's still a 14-day quarantine in effect for foreigners though, so I'm hoping that might change soon.  It would be far too time- and money-intensive otherwise.  (You have to pay the South Korean government anywhere between 1.5 and 2 thousand bucks for the honor of being confined to a hotel room for two weeks.)

No comments:

Post a Comment