Saturday, July 17, 2021

One Thing That I Can Depend On

Along with a new car I've been taking the time to go through my music collection and finally get rid of stuff that I simply don't or have never listened to.  It's still painful, since I don't really collect anything other than books or music, but it's interesting that I left behind at least 150 novels in Daegu and couldn't have cared less.  But for some reason deleting an album from my hard drive always makes me hesitate, even when it's more than likely available on Youtube.

Anyhow, I pared my collection from about 65 gigs down to 60, and that fits somewhat snugly on my new phone.  (I am just filled with the spirit of conspicuous consumption these days.)  I also got rid of iTunes, which felt great.  Over the past decade it's managed to garble and/or murder a lot of albums that I'm going to have a less than easy time replacing.

It's interesting that new cars (my car at least) don't come with CD players any longer.  I spent an hour playing with satellite radio, and I was thoroughly unimpressed.  The thought of a long drive where I'm dependent on someone else's taste in music honestly frightens me more than it should.

Anyhow, as I told some ex-pat friends, I guess I'm an American now, again.  Having my music library all set makes that go down a little smoother than it would otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment