Friday, June 18, 2021

Turn, Turn, Turn

My dad moved here from the D.C. area in 1994, as part of the "first generation" out here on this private road.  What's interesting is that times change, and older folks have moved on in their different ways.  I guess that makes me and my sister "second generation" out here, but eventually I see myself moving back to the D.C. area.  It's a lovely place, but I know nobody in Whatcom County, or Seattle or Vancouver for that matter.  It's not mine.  D.C., even though it's been a while since I've lived there full time, still is.  And some bits around it too, including Baltimore.

This is a roundabout way of saying, I'm pretty sure I heard a hippie drum circle in full swing about two houses away last night.

Things have definitely changed.  (To balance it out, my Dad's immediate neighbor is an ex-Navy lifer.  And at this point in my life I probably have more in common with him than I do hairy pot-smokers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment