Thursday, June 10, 2021

(Former) Watering Hole

 



The former Little Roadside Tavern, Nugent's Corner, Washington.

When my Old Man moved out here to build a house he came across this bar, which closed down a few years ago apparently.  Over my visits during the past 20 years I think I was actually in here two or three times total.  Our neighbor was a regular ("I just go to play pool," says the functioning alcoholic) and strangely enough it plays a small role in the book Lone Patriot by Jane Kramer, about the right-wing militia movement here in Whatcom County during the nineties.

My Dad likes his red wine, but he isn't very social.  He was probably in this place only a few more times than I ever was.

Still, it's kind of sad all the same.  I'll be curious to see if someone buys and reopens it.

No comments:

Post a Comment