Friday, February 12, 2021

Playing It By Ear

The Pixies, "Winterlong"

So I've survived my first ten days back in Bellingham.  It's actually very cold, with a few dustings of snow.

Today we got internet installed.  If you knew anything about my soon-to-be 92 year-old Dad you'd realize this was quite a milestone.

Anyhow, I'm learning to cook his favorite meals and make his coffee and bullion the right way, watching some FOX News (!) and the occasional NBA game.  I also got my Washington State driver's license, passing both the written and driving tests despite not operating a vehicle in over a decade.  (Stressful!)  I'm also taking long walks despite the freezing weather.

Things are fine.  I promise to get some pictures up soon.  (Which reminds me, I probably need to buy a new smartphone.)

Watched the Super Bowl with the old man -- will nobody rid me of this meddlesome Tom Brady?

No comments:

Post a Comment