Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Yet Another Last of Us II Hot Take Nobody Asked For! (Minor Spoilers)

I'm about four hours in and I'm just so damn bored.  I loved the first game, but remember how much I enjoyed it for the story first and the stealth / scrounge game-play a distant second.

A trans non-gender-conforming antagonist [ed: but antagonist isn't the right word, is it?]?  Like any character, if they are underdeveloped I just don't care about them.

Granted, I'm a grown-ass man now and I don't play vidya games nearly as much as I used to.  A consequence of this is that I just can't "plow through" games to get to the interesting bits.  Not enough time or energy on my part.

And frankly, Ellie has grown up to be a pretty big asshole.

I'm not sure if I'll finish it.  Then again, I'm off work for August and not going back to America for the first time in over a decade.

And I'm all out of Werner Herzog movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment