Friday, June 19, 2020

"my butt is getting numb"

Werner Herzog lets us know how he's handling quarantine in his current hometown of LA in this recent interview:
"His original surname was Stipetić (reflecting his Austrian mother’s Croatian heritage) but he reinvented himself, taking his father’s surname long after his father had left the scene. He still has Stipetić siblings; they look at him askance. He chuckles. 'How should I say this? My younger brother is critical of my work. He finds some of my films awful. And my older brother, he thinks every single film I’ve made is lousy and boring. "Argh, you’ve done another one. My butt is getting numb." But this is fine. I’m transparent. I do not hide behind the films or hunker down in the trench. I stick my head up. And I can live with that because I know who I am. I’m at ease with who I am.'”
Herzog interviews are always great, but this one is excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment