Thursday, December 19, 2019

"Can't Get Started With You"


Oscar Moore, Presenting Oscar Moore

I just taught my last class of the semester.  Next week I have to enter grades into the college computer system, then work up hard-copies of those same grades Because Korea.  I'll continue teaching adult student classes through January.

I have zero plans for Christmas next week, but I'll probably make it downtown to Slightly Above Average Korean Foreigner Bar (it's actually quite good) and drink some beers.  My boss said he'd be downtown with his family (two grown sons, one of whom just completed military service) so it might be nice to bump into them.

Trump has been impeached.  I mean, it was the right and necessary thing to do but let's face it -- Republicans exist in a separate reality now, and there's no going back to pre-Trump.  (And let's be honest -- they were just as nutty and racist and anti-majoritarian back then, they just were afraid to say the quiet parts out loud.)

The new Star Wars apparently won't come to South Korea until January, which is some bullshit.

Somehow, I shall endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment