Monday, August 12, 2024

Welcome to 50, James!

Last night at home I was watching a movie and noticed something wet on my upper lip.  Since I am a Disgusting Person, I just licked at it thinking it was some kind of nasal drip.  Turns out, it was blood!

Basically, by the time I got up to grab some wet wipes my right nostril was gushing the red stuff.  I ruined a good hoodie (unless I want to walk around looking like an ax murderer, but you never know).

I got it under control but while sleeping last night I coughed up a ball of something hideous, part blood and phlegm and cranial fluid I think.

Anyhow, I'm 50 now.  Guessing it isn't cancer, but quite possibly leprosy.

In my defense, Maryland has gone from 95 degree, humid days, to more respectable 80 degrees and relatively dry.  I think that's why my mucous membranes are withering.

Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment