Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Fall in Daegu

 


Sam Prekop, "Above Our Heads"

Can The Sea and Cake or any variation thereof do wrong?  I don't think so.

Summer can run a little long here in lurvely Daegu, but safe to say as of today there's that slight crispness in the air which means fall is almost here.

And I know I write this same post every year, but after the hellish blast furnace of Daegu summer there really is a slight smile on my face walking to work, and taking the extra-long way home and not turning into a ball of sweat.  I sleep with all my apartment windows wide open.

Soon enough the hills around northern Daegu will start browning, then yellowing and redding and oranging.

And I know I've said this before but this is probably my last fall in South Korea.  My dad needs full-time assistance now.  He can't drive.  He lives in the middle of nowhere.  His "girlfriend" is threatening to leave him.  (And that's probably for the best.)

So I'm going to try and appreciate every damn day I have left in Korea, until this February when my current contract finishes up.

And for what it's worth, winter isn't so bad here either.  But it ain't fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment