Saturday, September 29, 2018

Baseball In Busan


One of the glories of living in South Korea is baseball.  With cheerleaders, player theme songs, flag waving, and no-holds bat-flipping, I can't really think of a better way to spend an afternoon than at the ballpark.


10,000 won (about nine bucks) will buy you an outfield seat, and that's really all you need.  Now, my team of choice is the Samsung Lions (representing Daegu, as Korean teams go by their corporate sponsors' names).  But for Chuseok I went down to Busan to take in a game with their hometown squad, the Lotte Giants.


As much as I like Samsung Lions Park here in lurvely Daegu, Sajik Stadium in Busan is absolutely gorgeous.  Mountains surround the stadium, and I got very lucky with the weather.  And for food, while fried chicken is the preferred victual, I went with a tray of tasty blood sausage and some beers.


So all in all, it was another great day at the ballpark.  Busan came from behind to beat the NCSoft Dinos 8-7.

No comments:

Post a Comment