Sunday, November 8, 2020

"You should see him move the masses"


Candy Machine, "Spotlight"

I know I say it all the time but these guys were really, really good.  Also, Baltimore was Portland before Portland was Portland.

It's a beautiful Monday afternoon here in Daegu.  I taught my adult students this morning, and they agreed the the American system of electing new presidents is pretty damn ass-backwards, thanks to the Electoral College (which makes no sense to anybody, including most Americans).

In the elevator down out of my apartment I noticed I had the hugest, most wrinkled eye bags ever.  Two cups of coffee this morning, and one more after lunch has made the day bearable.  I really need to get back on a normal sleep schedule, which at least should be possible now.

I ate absolute garbage last week as well.  One night for dinner I managed to combine some leftover fried chicken with a plate of home-made nachos.  Just grateful that bikini season is over.

I didn't get drunk on election night, for what it's worth, but early Sunday morning when the final result came in I did crack a Stella Artois tall-boy that I'd forgotten in the back of my fridge.

Exercise-wise, I've actually done pretty well with 90 minute to two hour anxiety walks through all parts of northern Daegu.  My exercise bike, which I've owned for about 10 years now, seems to be giving up the ghost -- one of the pedals is making a horrible grinding sound.  The weather really has been gorgeous though, so getting outside seems like the thing thing to do.

As for Trump, my hope of hopes is that he really is cuffed and dragged screaming from the White House by the Secret Service, but I'm sure the reality will be much more boring as he jets off to Mar-A-Lago in a cloud of spite and miserable failure.

As I mentioned, he'll never lose that particular loser stench.

No comments:

Post a Comment