Monday, March 30, 2020

Tele-Teaching

It's been a day.

Me and foreign co-worker got a crash course in distance learning.  My college has gotten what seems to be a pretty stable and decent on-line program going, and for the next few weeks (at least two) we'll be voice recording our lectures and putting them up with small quizzes for the students to, ahem, enjoy.

I have my doubts, especially for a beginner level language course.  I always do.  But it's nice to feel a little bit useful after an unexpected month off.

I'm just trying to stay positive about everything.  I found out that a church choir about 20 minutes south from where my Dad lives got rocked with the coronavirus, including multiple deaths.

Stay home as much as possible.  Wash those hands.  No trips to make-out city for you.

I'm strangely exhausted, considering I didn't do that much other than listen to my boss.  But being taken out of my teaching comfort-zone probably has something to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment