Friday, March 27, 2020

"If the dead just go on living / Well there's nothing left to fear"


Waxahatchee, "St. Cloud"

A beautiful song no doubt, but that album cover is also lit.

The start of the semester has been pushed back to six weeks now, April 13.  I'm not the only one thinking we might just have to scrap the whole semester at this point.  My boss is having a meeting with us foreigner teachers Monday to discuss "distance learning" options.  Thing is, we're totally not equipped for that sort of thing.

If there's an upside, it's that my school focuses on health sciences.  English is not a major, but only an elective.  (A mandatory elective.  It's Korea.  It's complicated.)

Anyhow I'm wondering if we might expand out "Global Zone" program in lieu of actual classes.  This is something we've been doing for about five years.  At a desk in the library students can drop in for "free talking," to basically practice their spoken English.  We have a computer opened up to Google translate to facilitate things.

Who knows.  I guess I'll find out Monday.

What's a weekend mean, anyways?

No comments:

Post a Comment