Wednesday, September 26, 2018

I Believe Anita Hill. I Believe Christine Ford. I Believe Deborah Ramirez.

Some thoughts on Kavanaugh:

1)  I went to a DC area private school.  I've been told it is of "elite" status.  (The tuition certainly wasn't cheap.)  But it was also politically on the opposite end of Georgetown Prep (Go Friends!).  All of this is to say, I learned what teabagging was around 91' or so because a bunch of older Prep students basically forced their testicles into the mouths of freshmen.  I don't remember what sports team it was, exactly.  This is my most vivid memory of Georgetown Prep, other than the fact that they always crushed us in baseball.  Not that there wasn't a fair share of entitled, white-boy assholery at my esteemed institution as well, but at least it wasn't an ethos.

2)  Who hasn't come forward and admitted to literal attempted rape in order to get their good buddy onto the Supreme Court?  Two different dudes, actually, because she was that much of a slutty-Mcslut-slut!

3)  We now know Kavanaugh either is or was a serious alcoholic.  As strong as #MeToo has (thankfully) become, it would have been relatively easy for him to admit that he is / was a drunk, but now Jesus and / or an AA program has brought him to the light of sobriety.  Americans love this kind of story.  If his handlers had led with this narrative I think he'd have been seated already, with minimal drama.

4)  I still think the odds are 50-50.  Collins and Murkowsi and Flake want him seated, because they are Republicans (further tax cuts for Paris Hilton matter above all else).  Blasey Ford's actual testimony will be significant.

5)  Blasey Ford is an American hero.

6)  If Kavanaugh is seated, a probable harasser and possible rapist, nominated by an actual harasser and possible rapist, will provide the vote that overturns Roe, setting back women's health and rights by about a century.

7)  How any woman can ever vote for a Republican after this absolute shit-show of a spectacle is beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment