Saturday, September 1, 2018

"doesn't matter what you do / you know what you've done"


Guided By Voices, "Space Gun"

Korea has two major national holidays, Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving) and the Lunar New Year.  Chuseok falls in late September / early October, which means I get a second vacation coming right off of my annual trip to America.  It looks like a five-day weekend this year, so I'll probably head down to Busan for a bit and check out the beach.

It's weird though, as mentally I feel like I don't deserve the days off.  (Thanks again, Capitalism!)  And it murders my teaching schedule very early on in the semester.

Anyhow, it's the best time to visit Busan which is stupidly hot and crowded during July and August.

And for some reason, Busan lifeguards on their goofy jet-skis are total assholes.  Like, if you go more than 20 feet out into the ocean they ride over and scream at you.  They're more dangerous than the ocean itself, because Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment