Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Lazy Thursday


Red Garland, Stepping Out (1981, w/ Ron Carter, Kenny Burrell, Ben Riley)

Chuseok, or Korean Thanksgiving, begins this Sunday.  I'm getting a five-day weekend out of it so I'm headed to lovely Busan this Saturday.  I might call up some foreigner friends for drinks, but a lot of them will be traveling abroad or going up to Seoul.  I've got plans to see a Busan iPark soccer match Saturday (Busan F.C., basically) and then my first Lotte Giants game (Busan's baseball team) on Tuesday afternoon.  And swim, maybe?  It's going to be in the mid-70's, but the ocean will be freezing I'm sure.

There's also a new brew pub I want to check out.  They are a bit of a welcome trend in Korea these days.  (I'm not a reflexive Korean beer hater by any means, but I do like knowing I can drink the bitter-y and dark artisanal stuff when I want to.)

Anyhow, Red Garland is a better piano player than you or I shall ever be.  Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment