Wednesday, March 29, 2023

The Various Diners of Whatcom County 23: Marlin's Cafe (Inside Nelson's Market)

 


512 Potter Street, Bellingham, WA

Let's head to the York neighborhood east of downtown, and a place that's inside a larger Market, but as far as I can tell most people come here for breakfast.  It's Marlin's Cafe!  And it's well worth the detour!

Whelp, no Eggs Benedict on weekdays and this is honestly the only negative thing I have to say!

Vibe:  Funky, friendly, and antique!

Song heard:  Jackie Wilson, "Higher and Higher"

Coffee:  Nice and warm on a rainy day.

Did the yolk pop like it should?:  Yes, on an order with fried potatoes and toast.  And man, those potatoes were exceptional -- a little burnt can sometimes be a good thing.

Can I sit and read a while?:  Yes, and you'll want to soak in the off-kilter charms of the place.  The waiter told me the place was over 100 years old, "and not a single joint is done at 90 degrees."

Price:  $16.60.  Now granted, the weekend EB is going to cost more but we are well into Great Value Zone.


Friendly.  A little off the beaten path.  Delicious.  I only hope I can get back here for an EB before I leave Bellingham!

Overall:

4.5 / 5 Nighthawks

No comments:

Post a Comment