Monday, May 30, 2022

The Various Diners of Whatcom County 13: The Daisy Cafe

 


The Daisy Cafe, 114 W Magnolia St, Bellingham, WA

There are no shortage of downtown breakfast spots in lovely Bellingham, and here's another one -- The Daisy Cafe!


Eggs Benedict await!

Vibe:  It's a breakfast rainbow!

Song heard:  Screamin' Jay Hawkins, "I Put a Spell on You"

Coffee:  Pretty good.  Place your order at the register in front.

Did the yolk pop like it should?:  One did, and one didn't, so slightly overcooked.  I got the salmon EB and it was nice, with pretty average hash browns.

Can I sit and read a while?:  Yes, but the space is on the small side (with children's drawings!) so maybe not for too long.

Price:  $21.42

The salmon version is good, but think I've also decided that I'm usually going to stick to traditional ham in the future.  No offense to salmon -- I just think the saltiness of ham really brings everything together.  And the orange slice was a nice touch.

This is a nice little spot for some good grub and some peace and quiet.  It's quiet and cozy, a great choice for just one or two people.

Overall:

3 / 5 Nighthawks

No comments:

Post a Comment