Thursday, May 5, 2022

The Various Diners of Whatcom County 10: Little Cheerful Cafe

 

Little Cheerful Cafe, 133 E Holly St, Bellingham, WA

Let's go back downtown, shall we?  On a rainy morning quickly turning to sunlight, or a sunny morning quickly to rain, Bellingham has got you covered when it comes to your breakfast needs -- at Little Cheerful Cafe!


Vibe:  Take you to funky town?  But we're already here!

Song heard:  Harry Chapin, "Cat's in the Cradle"

Coffee:  Above average.

Did the yolk pop like it should?:  Another solid EB dish here, very well and thoughtfully cooked.  I went for a Lingcod Benny and, well, it was good.  I don't think fish will ever replace ham in the Eggs Benedict universe, lacking the smoky saltiness required, but I wasn't disappointed.

Can I sit and read a while?:  Yes, a little.  It is on the small side though and bustling.  It's very, very cozy.

Price:  $26.00

So it's not cheap.  And I could have ordered something less boujee, but I couldn't help myself.  At 26 bucks though we're really getting into problematic value territory (PVT).  I just made that up, but still.


Again, no complaints here.  Attention paid, care taken, and why any restaurant doesn't bother to add some tomato and greens to their EBs is beyond me.  Just that little pop of flavor and color does so much.  Lingcod EB is a grand experiment, and this type of audacity deserves credit.

This place deserves its name, and the service was excellent.  But we're getting into some fairly expensive territory for my beloved Eggs Benny.  Worth your time, most definitely.  But oh, filthy lucre. . . .

Overall:


3.5 / 5 Nighthawks

No comments:

Post a Comment