Tuesday, July 2, 2019

"so unfazed by the assholes of the world now"

Living as I do in South Korea I don't tend to do much for the Fourth of July, but this year I'm going to continue happily cheering on the US women's World Cup squad.  As The Orange Pussy-Grabber might literally destroy the Lincoln Memorial to satiate his bloated ego, have some fun with Megan Rapinoe's girlfriend, WNBA basketball star Sue Bird, throwing well-deserved shade:
"And I think Megan’s sensitivity is what drives her to fight for others. I think it’s what drove her to take a knee. The Megan you’re seeing now? It’s the stronger version of the one who knelt in the first place. All the threats, all the criticism, all the fallout — coming out on the other side of that is what makes her seem so unfazed by the assholes of the world now. 
I think in trying to help others, Megan has cemented who she is."
I'll stay up late Saturday night to watch the US taken on Sweden or Netherlands.  It should be a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment