Friday, January 20, 2023

The Various Diners of Whatcom County 21: Acme Diner




2045 Valley Highway, Acme, WA

Well now, how about a place I've never even seen before?  In a part of the county I've never even been to before?  It's not like there's much else there, other than a post office!  Welcome to the delightful Acme Diner!

Whelp, no EBs on today's menu and that's fine.  This isn't Fancy Fairhaven, this is earthy Whatcom County!  I ordered the Acme Breakfast and it treated me just fine.

Vibe:  All Around The World, Breakfast Comes For Me!

Song heard:  Sugar Ray, "Fly"

Coffee:  Above decent.

Did the yolk pop like it should?:  No EB available, but the yolks here popped just fine.

Can I sit and read a while?:  Since it was empty, yeah.  There's also an ice cream stand, which is cool, and a full bar off to the side, because this is Bellingham.

Price:  $21.19


Pro-tip: If you're on Mount Baker Highway going up to or down from Mount Baker, this place is only 10 minutes south of the roundabout (yes, we have roundabouts) onto Highway 9.

And I liked it just fine.  The service was friendly, the food was decent, and I've been told the chowder is a nice choice for lunch.  The amount of potato was probably a bit much, but I can't fault for abundance.  And honestly, if you've never been to this part of the county you need to check it out!  Very Twin Peaks!

Overall:


Nighthawks: 3 / 5

No comments:

Post a Comment