Saturday, June 19, 2021

"piety, chastity, charity, your company"

 


Drive Like Jehu, "New Math"

Things continue apace here in lonely, quiet Bellingham.  I'm doing some research for a mobile phone plan (yes, I still piggyback off of my Dad's landline these days) and a car.  It's tough though -- while the Old Man won't admit that he needs full-time care, he does.  But he also wants me to get a job, which is totally fair, but that means I need a car (pretty easy) and to leave the house a lot (again, he thinks it's fine, but the moment he can't get FOX News to come up and have me fix it for him there'll be hell to pay).

This stuff is hard.  When he retired back in the early 90's he wanted to move as far away from D.C., and cities in general, as possible.  And for a long while, having him live in the middle of nowhere had its advantages.  But now, the isolation is a problem.

As they say, be careful what you wish for.

No comments:

Post a Comment