Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Getting The Pfizer Pfshot

I'm getting my second and final shot this Friday.  It's hard to believe last March of 2020 I was in Daegu and preparing to teach my college classes online.  My adult classes were cancelled for one semester, then taught again in person with masks and appropriate social distancing for the second.

I'm glad the health authorities have done a good job here in America (I'm shocked that South Korea is actually behind the U.S. when it comes to getting shots in arms) but my overwhelming feeling is just one of plain tiredness.

Granted, providing fulltime care for my Dad isn't really doing much to find me new wellsprings of energy either.

But he's gotten his shots (months ago) and I'll be done this Friday.  Given the rapid increase in climate-related issues, I'm guessing our next "100 Year Virus" will come in about five or ten years.

Good times, as always.

And apparently I qualify for a single marijuana joint in Washington State.  If I didn't live with my Old Man I'd definitely take them up on it.

I think the last time I smoked pot was in Charlottesville in 2002 or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment