Wednesday, March 10, 2021

What Up, James?

It's hard to believe I've been back in America for almost six weeks now.  Life is moving along and most importantly, despite some bumps, my Dad is doing well.  Today was a "town day" so I drove him in for some shopping.  It's still cold here though -- I really want spring to get to it.

I wasn't totally sure what would happen to this here blog once I left Korea.  Thing is, as much as I yap about Korea, I've always considered this to be a personal, early 2000's era type of thing, i.e., an online diary that very few people actually read.

And I think we'll continue with that!  I'm getting back into taking pictures, and you might notice I've been putting together a series called The Give and The Take.  I'm working on short prose pieces to give any and everybody a sense of what it's like taking care of an older relative -- mostly good things I hope, but inevitably some bad as well.  In addition, I brought a notebook-and-a-half of material from Daegu sketching out my life as a (former) English teacher.

I'm really happy for anybody to come by, honestly.  Sitting down to write a little bit and post some photos at night, even a relatively meaningless little post like this, gives me a fair amount of pleasure these days.

And I'm reading a ton, as well, so expect even more straight-up book reviews.

I should be getting a COVID shot this spring, and as long as things continue to go pretty well I'll be here in Bellingham for the rest of 2021.

A crystal ball would be nice, no?  But I'll settle for this for now.

Will I jinx 2021 by saying it's going OK so far?  For everybody I hope?

No comments:

Post a Comment