Sunday, March 7, 2021

Civilization!

Dad and I went into town today.  ("Town" meaning Bellingham proper.)

We hit Fred Meyer's (Northwest Pacific grocery behemoth), Rite-Aid (cheapo red wine by the jug), and Walmart.

I haven't interacted with anybody but my Dad, and my sister before that, for over a month.  This led me to saying hi to everybody I came within five feet of.

On the one hand, small-town Washington is one of the places in America where you can get away with this kind of behavior.  On the other, I still feel like an idiot.

(I was happy to note everybody was following mask protocol without complaint.)

The Old Man is wiped out.  I made lunch for us and now he's probably out until bedtime medtime.  He might get up but only for an hour or so at most.

I've probably made Bellingham out to be a weird, lonely place (it is!) but the scenery on a drive is really spectacular, as long as the weather is relatively clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment