Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Things Are Still Awful

You can't "go back to normal" as long as the coronavirus is still active.  Even in South Korea, the country with the most success in fighting the virus, things are still in a deep rut:
"A shortage of job opportunities is another unexpected problem. College students who need part-time jobs can’t find any.
 
Lee Joo-yeon, a 24-year-old Hanyang University student, says she's trying but having little luck.
 
'When I had a job interview with a cafe owner, he said he was looking for an experienced worker,' Lee said. 'According to him, he used to have two part-time workers but had to cut one as he can’t afford paying them amid the Covid-19 pandemic.'
 
Mr. Lee, a 28-year-old studying for the civil service exam, said he was recently laid off from his part-time job.
 
'While studying for the exam, I used to work at a pub in front of Hanyang University at night to earn money for monthly living expenses,' Lee said. 'After I lost the job, it’s been really tough for me to get another opportunity.'”

Have I mentioned that I'll probably be moving back to America next year, and that I'm terrified at the prospect of finding work?

No comments:

Post a Comment