Friday, October 2, 2020

Monorail!


Daegu, South Korea.

It occurs to me that after ten years in lovely Daegu I really haven't taken more pictures of my more immediate neighborhood of Chilgok / North Daegu.

It's a perfectly nice area, but before COVID arrived I spent much more of my free time in other parts of the city, either downtown or way to the east at the ballpark.

What's cool here is that you can see a few things that have definitely improved the area recently.  The glass building on the left is Guam Station, on the Line Three Monorail (in addition to Lines One and Two, traditional subway lines).  Getting downtown is now a breeze compared to the bus lines.

Also, they've finished construction on a really nice foot and bike path along this stream.  When the weather is good (like it was today) people flock to the stream side.  I know it doesn't look amazing, but it's a big change from what used to be pretty much an overlooked drainage ditch.

No comments:

Post a Comment