Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Since Nobody Asked Me

I've been pretty quiet about the Dem primaries.  I supported Warren and Harris and, well, I'm really stumped as to why the former did so poorly in New Hampshire of all places.

So of course, now it's looking like Bernie.

I'm not ashamed to say I lost some friends in 2016 when my support of (and actual vote for) Killary made me A Literal Enemy of Humanity in the eyes of the B-Bros.

I guess I just feel a little helpless about the whole thing.  Four more years of Trump will see an ultra-right wing Supreme Court.  Roe will be overturned.  Hell, gay marriage might be overturned.  The earth will continue to burn.  Shitty little despots in Russia and Turkey and Hungary will continue to do as they will, all with Trump's approval.  North Korea will be even more nuclear capable than it is already.  Trump will have a bad day on Twitter and start a war with Iran just for the hell of it.

The point being, I don't fucking know what's going to happen come November and neither do you.  Whoever wins the Dem nomination will have my vote, except for Bloomberg who is a Republican.

I'm honestly shocked that Biden faded as quickly as he did.  He would have been a disaster, obviously, but I'm not convinced Bernie won't be either.

I have zero excitement for Buttigieg.  He has the calculated expertise and triangulation of Obama but none of the charm and certainly no ability to excite non-white voters.  I don't see how he outperforms Hillary, basically.

That's all I got.  All of this is dreadful and anxiety-inducing and it can't end soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment