Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Happy New Year


Here's your good luck blood sausage for 2020, Year of the Rat (Metal).  Notice the paper cup of dirty-water fish cake juice.  If you told me this would become one of my favorite meals in South Korea I'd have called you a liar ten years ago.

I went downtown yesterday and bounced around, enjoying the Christmas lights and still not understanding the appeal of hyper-sexualized high school girls lip-sychning to K-pop.  I met some friends for beers, snacked on blood sausage (I know it doesn't look like a snack, but it only costs $2.50), and finished the night with a not that satisfying vegetable curry.  I came home and played some Judgement (by the Yakuza series makers, and it's predictably excellent) and, well, went to bed.  This is New Year's at 45, kiddies.

Happy New Year, stay safe and healthy in 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment