Sunday, August 20, 2023

An Actual Update

Me and my Dad are living together again, in lovely Frederick, Maryland.  We tried a nursing home for almost a year and it wasn't working out.  He was bored and listless.  He had a few friends, but not many.  The staff was fine -- no lashings with wet noodles or anything, but also not enough one-on-one care, more than they could possibly provide.

Also, the place was damn expensive.

So we're trying something new.  We've got a nurse coming in five days a week.

It's good.  It's tough.  I'm looking for full-time work now, and when I find something it means we'll probably have to hire another nurse to come in.  I finished up a summer part-time job last week doing job counseling for high school kids, and it was actually kind of fun.

My cats are raising hell.  They'll both turn one this October.  We don't know their actual days of birth since they were abandoned, so close enough.

My Dad turns 95 this February.

No comments:

Post a Comment