Tuesday, August 16, 2022

The Various Diners of Whatcom County 17: Mount Bakery (Fairhaven)

 


1217 Harris Avenue, Bellingham, WA (Fairhaven Location)

Well, let's head over to Fairhaven where the fancy people live!  And let's see what delightful things they get to eat for breakfast!  Bennies, of course!  The best ones, apparently!  That gauntlet has been thrown!

Vibe:  Peak Bellingham

Song heard:  I thought I heard a radio in back, but no music up front.

Coffee:  Fantastic.

Did the yolk pop like it should?:  Yes, this is another EB cooked with love and attention.  The Hollandaise sauce was easily the best in town so far.  Rich and creamy with just the right level of sourness.  The potatoes were also great, and portion-wise they compliment rather than compete with the EB.  I ordered the mushroom version, and the earthiness there did a nice job of replacing the wanted saltiness of pork.

Can I sit and read a while?:  Yes, it wasn't too busy and there was nothing pushy about the friendly service.  There's outdoor seating as well, but it was just a little too cold for me that morning.  There's a decent view of Bellingham Bay though.

Price:  $21.99


Your EB comes on focaccia or waffle bread (!).  The focaccia seemed like the right choice to me, and I wasn't disappointed.  So, is it the best EB in Bellingham?  I'm going to say -- maybe.  As of now, it's either this or the Number 9 over at Old Town Cafe.  The fact that Mt. Bakery makes all of their own bread might be what gives it just a nose of a lead.

By my count, four more diners to go!

Overall:


Nighthawks: 4.5 / 5

No comments:

Post a Comment