Thursday, November 28, 2019

"Honey don't you know we too will pulse in through this light"


Hiatus Kaiyote, "Nakamarra"

As my body and mind sink further into decrepitude I guess you could describe my musical tastes these days as "pleasant-sounding but slightly subversive shit."  Also, this song is gorgeous.

Happy Thanksgiving from sunny and slightly cool and always lurvely Daegu.  I've got a few more weeks of college teaching before the final, and next week I'll begin a new session with my adult students.  I'm about to finish N. K. Jemisin's Broken Earth series and I'll probably say a little something about it soon.  (Beyond, it's pretty good stuff.)  I'm officially no longer following football, but my sister says I have to root for the Saints and I mean, how can I say no to that?

For you Americans, enjoy the long weekend.  I'm sure Trump will do at least five different things to spoil it but hey, nobody said Late Capitalism would be easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment