Saturday, February 11, 2023

Adulting!

Me and my sister have the ball rolling on getting my Dad's house sold (the one I'm currently caretaking).  It's going well, but it's also the first time I've done something like this and dealt with this amount of money.

I'm trying to learn as much as possible from the experience.  Curb appeal!  Curb appeal!

Without getting too far into the weeds, I'll hopefully be moving back to Maryland some time in April, with two cats in tow.

From there I'll look for a new job, and also visit my Dad in his home as much as possible.

The hardest parts are over (taking care of my Dad full time).  But spending two days cleaning the house wasn't a bed of roses either.

And that was just an "acceptable" clean for the realtor.  A "deep clean" will come soon, although we'll likely pay for that.  I imagine I need to get started on selling some furniture.

Then again, I'm a lazy git.

This weekend, back at the Animal Shelter.  They know I'll be gone pretty soon, which is genuinely sad for me.  I hope they'll miss me nearly as much as I'll miss all of them.

Time doesn't fuck around, does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment