Thursday, December 8, 2022

Whatcom Falls Park


Whatcom Falls Park, Bellingham.

My Dad moved out here while I was in college back in 1994.  As I spend my last few months here before headed back east I'm enjoying visits to spots that my Dad took me to almost 30 years ago.  For any and all complaining I've done about life here, the city has done a pretty amazing job of integrating parks into the city landscape.  There's no excuse to not get your 10,000 daily steps here because you can throw a rock and find a decent walking trail.

As my Dad got into his late 70's and 80's, understandably, we did a lot less hiking, a lot less "stuff" in general.  So it's refreshing, maybe even a bit liberating, to get out and enjoy the cold and damp weather by myself, as only Bellingham can provide this time of year.

And my Dad's fine by the way.  But at 93, and given some very scary moments involving his diagnosed dementia, we've moved him into a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment