Sunday, October 17, 2021

"I wake up to a sunny day"

 


Eddie Rabbitt, "I Love A Rainy Night" live

Let's face it, people -- part of getting older means your tolerance for cheesiness increases exponentially.  I love this song.

Things move ahead slowly here in this tiny county just south of Canada.  I'll have more to say (of course!) but I've got two short stories getting published soon with a local online journal.  This will be my first published fiction, and I'm excited about it.  I'm also dealing with some South Korea stuff, believe it or not.  I really want to visit the country this February, but I won't go if the mandatory 14-day quarantine is still in effect.  Koreans and Korea-based expats are optimistic this will end soon, but who knows.  I've got a job interview this week which I'll also keep under wraps for a bit, although I'm optimistic about it.  And finally, I've been living for nine months with my 92 year-old Dad.  I think he's relatively happy, and I'm not sure if you can ask much more than that.  We'll go into town tomorrow (Monday) for some dawn-light grocery shopping, which is one of our rituals out here along with Saturday and Sunday football watching.

It's getting cold.  Bellingham kind of goes straight from summer to rainy, bleak winter, but I'm one of those weirdos who likes raw onion on his sandwiches and copious amounts of rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment