Monday, June 3, 2019

"I try to search for you / I know I'm not alone"


Unwound, "Eternalux"

Definitely in my top five acts I wish I'd gotten to see live but never did.

Predictably, a mere four days into June, Daegu has become a furnace.  Luckily, the semester is almost -- gah, I hate the word -- over.  This week is for make-up classes, next week is the actual final exam, and then the week after that (way late into June, Korean style) is our "feedback" class.

I've asked my boss many times what the purpose of the feedback class is and I've never really gotten a satisfying answer.  Other than giving the students their final exam grades, and thereby their final grades if they do a quick bit of math, it really seems like a conspiracy among Korean professors and college instructors to just shave a week off the schedule.

So I don't know.  I'll give them their scores, about 70 percent of them will promptly go to sleep, and with the other 30 I can do some music videos or something pedagogically low impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment