Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Git Gud? More Like Git Old

I find the "can we have eazy mode please?" debate kind of fascinating.  I played the hell out of Dark Souls and Bloodborne, but less so DS 2 and 3.  When Sekiro came out I pretty much decided to wait-and-see via Twitch and, frankly, it doesn't strike me as all that great.  The combat looks really repetitive with the parry mechanic, even more than any of the Souls games.  I also find "feudal Japan with ninjas" to be about as dishwater as possible for a setting.

Having said all that, I'm also getting old.  I don't even have a kid and I find it hard to make time for video games between work, books, and exercise.  So I guess my answer is, "Game developers should make exactly the game they want and who the hell has time to play every game they're a bit interested in anyhow?"  There's a ton of content out there that looks worthwhile but I know I'll never even scratch the surface of the stuff that I might enjoy.

For what it's worth, I'm currently making my way through the Yakuza 2 remake and nibbling a bit at the new MLB The Show, which is incredibly overrated but fun enough and perfectly designed to pick up for an hour and then put down.

And between Twitch and Youtube, it's silly to argue that anyone is "locked out" of the experience of these more difficult games.

No comments:

Post a Comment