Thursday, November 23, 2017

Boring But Content Holiday Update

It's a quiet Thanksgiving day  here in lovely Daegu.  I was in the office making plans and copies for next week, with the final exam a mere two weeks away.  I wrote a genuine snail-mail letter to my Dad which I'll drop in the mail tomorrow, and I'll give him and my sister a call.  I'm headed to my first Korean wedding this Saturday, that of a co-worker who also used to take my adult class.  I'm about to finish Margaret Atwood's Oryx and Crake, which is good enough that I'll be ordering the rest of the trilogy from Seoul soon enough.  I'm sure there's some Western bar or hotel nearby doing a "Turkey Dinner Buffet" or something but I've always found those things kind of sad.  I'll have some tofu and kimchi for dinner, and probably a can of beer because that's how I roll.

Life is boring.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment